Sunday, March 6, 2011

LIBERTY JANE??? *FAINTS*








Good golly! It's been such a busy weekend! Lizbug has been doing homework and sewing nonstop for the past 48 hours! Phew! That's why I didn't post last night. I was trying on a new outfit that she made for me! Yup, that's right! As in SEWING!!! You see, Lizzie's sewing machine broke a few months back, and was only repaired a month ago. But, poor Lizzie, she has been just too busy to set it up and get back on track with her sewing- until yesterday!


Lizzie probably has about 10 patterns from Liberty Jane Clothing, as well as the Design Academy handbook. She hopes to actually take the Design Academy course over the summer (she is just too busy now). So, she made a gathered sleeve tee (white fabric w/ skull and crossbones w/ heart shaped eyes and bows on their heads..er..skulls), and a scoop neck tank top (black fabric) to go over it. Both of these shirts were made from shirts that were a little too small for Lizzie now, and were both made from the T-Shirt Variations Pack pattern book by Liberty Jane Clothing.

We call the outfit "That's So Avril," because it is inspired by the singer Avril Lavigne. In these pictures, I'm wearing the handmade tops, along with a denim miniskirt (this was from Mia's collection in 2008, however Lizzie has a pattern for miniskirts, too), a Retro Cupcake necklace for 18" dolls (Lizzie made it, there are ones like it in her Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evragz), Marisol's beanie (we believe it came with her accessories in 2005), and the Black Gladiator Sandals we bought from Liberty Jane Clothing.





Bela's converse...
..or Gladiator Sandals



However, Lizzie thinks the black converse she got with Bella might've worked better for an Avril- inspired outfit. Although this outfit isn't for sale, Lizzie has decided to become a Liberty Jane Partner, so she will be selling doll clothing like this outfit on her Etsy in the future! What kind of outfits should she make? Which shoes do you prefer for this outfit (Gladiator or Converse)?? Let us know!

7 comments:

  1. I think either shoes would work yet I love this outfit and i would buy any clothes that you make because they look so nice and professional
    -emily (emilyrosawood on youutbe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I ordered my 1st American girl doll today (March 6th) Off there website and Theres a American girl store near me and I was wondering how long will it take? My mom said it would take 2 or more days but, Is that truth? (Im a girl I made my google account when I was 2.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh little miss kylie! I saw all the behind the scenes of this outfit, Lizzie sure did work hard on it all day...and then she went out to dinner! Oh I am so smart at remembering things. Actually speaking of dinner, isnt someone gonna feed me!? I want dinner! Ahh, sorry. This is like I texted you before..."So Avril" Ahahahaha (:

    Love, Leigha

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this outfit is amazing!! Awesome job Lizzie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The outfits beautiful Lizzie and it looks georgous on Kylie thanks so much for making this blog

    - 123agdoll

    (youtube name)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Cute I love stuff with skulls on it!! :)

    ReplyDelete