Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dollie Do's & Fancy Shoes!


Aloha, everyone! So, you're probably wondering why I freaked out last night, correct? No duh, Kylie. THOUGHTS, DON'T EVEN START WITH ME. Fine, we'll back off.  For real? Honest and for true. Well we'll see how long that lasts....Now, where was I...oh yes! My freak out! Well, if you'd like to know (which I'm assuming you would), Samster (better known as "Samantha") walked out of the bathroom last night with a full head of bouncy, shiny beautiful curls! We were all SO surprised!
You see, Lizbug gave her a Downy dunk, followed by a boiling water perm, because her hair was just so frizzy, and completely straight. Samster was her first doll, and she didn't really know how to care for doll hair at the time. She had steamed Samster's hair before, which, I admit, did help a little, but I mean, WOW. The Downy did WONDERS to her hair! After Lizzie rinsed it all out, she rolled Sam's hair into curlers, and poured boiling water over them (making sure the water didn't get on the wig). Then, she waited impatiently for a few hours, before she finally gave up and used the cool setting on a hair dryer to dry Sammie's hair. When the curlers came out, she was ASTONISHED!! Sam's locks were completely FRIZZ FREE, and BEAUTIFULLY BOUNCY!! She is like a brand new dollie all over again!


Although I love Samster's once again new 'do, I'm kinda gonna miss her old hair. It was a reminder of how much love Lizzie had given her as a child. Well, Lizzie can still remember it through pictures, videos, and the smell of orchids and rainfall that are buried in her sweet new curls (she had to mix 2 different types of Downy so she'd have enough, and they were both scented). Also, has anyone else SEEN our new Liberty Jane shoes?? Lizbug bought the Black Gladiator Sandals and the Brown Moccasins. We LOVE them! In fact, I'm wearing the moccasins right now! No you're not. UGH! You thoughts were doing SO WELL keeping to yourself for this post! What gives?! Look down. *Looks down at bare feet* What the...... JOSEFINA!! YOU ALREADY HAD YOUR TURN!! GIVE ME BACK MY MOCCASINS!!!

5 comments:

  1. Cuteeee! I saw these over text when Leigha stole my phone & showed me!


    ~Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Sneaky little Leigha! I think we secretly text each other too much... don't tell Lizzie though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Samantha's hair looks beautiful!! i am SOO gonna try that on my Nicki doll

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you luck! I hope it turns out as fantastic on her as it did on Sammie :)

    ReplyDelete